Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Did Adam and Eve Go to Heaven

I don’t know, but I’m not stumped. Let me explain. There has been occasion that I have stepped in on a situation that was getting out of hand. The one in particular was at a church I served at in Cedar Rapids, IA. We were at one of the sponsor’s homes for a party. Most of the teens were downstairs playing pool. I went down and just as I entered the room, I saw a fight begin. Nathan and Aaron were going at it. Aaron had no problem handling the much scrawnier Nathan. So what did I do, I threw Aaron down, grabbed Nathan and carried him to another room. Now, without being an eye witness, I knew what went down. Nathan, being quite the instigator, probably pushed Aaron’s buttons so much he wanted to save face by kicking this little twerp’s butt in front of his friends. The way I made my presence and disappointment known was to defend Nathan. Did he instigate? Probably. Did he deserve to get his? Maybe. However, because he was the smaller and younger participant, I felt I had to defend him. Take a look at Genesis 3:15 (keep in mind this is after the fall/their sin) –God says to the serpent “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” God jumps in and defends, protects his most precious creation. Does he discipline Adam and Eve, sure, but only because sin cannot be in the same place a Holy God is. Did Adam and Eve go to Heaven? Probably, but (insert my way out here) only God knows. Hehehehehe!!!

How long did they live?
Genesis 5:5 says, “So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.”

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger PTL said...

My Son Andrew (12) asked this very question this AM. and I am reading a great book "Dangerous Wonder". Asking questions is good and we can say "I don't know" sometimes and try to find some good answers. I will continue to seek out the Truth.
Thanks ! and God Bless You

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger PTL said...

My Son Andrew (12) asked this very question this AM. and I am reading a great book "Dangerous Wonder". Asking questions is good and we can say "I don't know" sometimes and try to find some good answers. I will continue to seek out the Truth.
Thanks ! and God Bless You

 

Post a Comment

<< Home